10 Step Process for Dental Cosmetic Procedures
Here is the process we go through: (many people choose not to take all of these steps, but we do give you the option to make you more comfortable with the process)
- We have you come in for a meet and greet where we have you tell us what you would like to change, and how you would like your smile to look. Then we determine the current condition of your teeth and tell you what we feel is possible for us to do.
- A photograph of your existing smile is taken and sent to our lab to do a digital simulation of what the finished result will look like.
- If you are happy with the digital results, we then take impressions. We make an exact duplicate of your teeth, and make the changes we would make to your real teeth in wax.
- We review the possible colour choices with you so you can compare the differences before choosing. Artificial and natural light are also used to aid in colour selection.
- If you are still unsure about the look of your new teeth, we can make a plastic stent that goes on top of your existing teeth that is an exact duplicate of the wax-up. Now you can see how the teeth will look right in your mouth.
- You can wear this stent for a few days to make sure you (and your friends and family) are completely satisfied with the look.
All this is done before we touch your teeth.
- Once you are completely satisfied with the look of the wax-up, we prepare your teeth and take impressions. (For no-prep veneers no tooth preparation is needed)
If tooth preparation is required:
- We make temporaries* based on the corrected tooth alignment and position.
- You wear these for 1-2 weeks to make sure esthetics, speech and function are appropriate.
- Changes to the temporaries are made if necessary.
- Once complete the final result is a duplicate of the temporaries.
- Veneers or crowns are made and tried in. (You might want to bring a friend or family member to verify that the final result looks good.
- The veneers or crowns are cemented on and you go home with your new smile!
*Temporaries are not required with No-Prep Veneers or CEREC 3 Crowns
All dental services at our office are offered by general dentists.